Sailing from Ios to Athens:
Sustainable Sailing Expedition at the Cyclades Islands
Check-in at Ios Marine on Tuesday 9 August 2022 at 17:00
Check-out at Athens on Tuesday 16 August 2022 at 09:00
8 days, 7 nights
Ios (Cyclades) – Athens
No sailing experience needed: beginner-friendly expedition
3 Pirates registered – Still 2 spots available
Expedition is confirmed, no cancellation risk!
Sustainable Sailing Expedition at the Cyclades Islands:
from Ios to Athens
Jump onboard our Sustainable Sailing Expedition at the Cyclades Islands in Greece! We will start on the island of Ios, well known for its capital town Hóra, and home to important historical monuments such as the Tomb of Homer and the Odysseus Elytis theater. From Ios, we will sail northwest towards Athens. Possible islands to stop by on our way are: Sifnos, Serifos, Kithnos, Kea. After enjoying all these natural wonders, we will head back to civilization and spend our last night at the port of Athens.
Our exact sailing route (apart from departure and arrival destination) depends entirely on wind directions and weather conditions and will be decided on board during the expedition. And of course, we are happy to take into consideration our pirates’ suggestions. Let’s follow the wind!
Let’s go sailing, no experience is needed! You will learn all the basics of sailing and everyone can participate in the manoeuvers. Expect short passages of a few hours and sometimes longer tracts.
Once arrived at a good spot, we drop our anchor and stay on board the boat or go on land with our little boat, the dinghy. We spend most time at sea but sometimes we’ll visit places on land or go to the harbour.
The ultimate goal of joining our expeditions is to turn yourself into a fully trained PIRATE for PLANET! Every day, we’ll dedicate some time to group activities that are in line with our values and mission to promote change for a better planet.
All contributions go fully to the organization of our expeditions
and working of our association.
Still available for
€500 per person
- Licensed captain and first mate
- P4P annual membership and insurance
- All meals onboard (all dry stock included, fresh fruit and vegetables are extra)
- Unlimited purified drinking water
- Accomodation & bedsheets
- Use of biodegradable hygiene products (shampoo, soap, toothpaste)
- Sailing classes and activities onboard
- Use of yoga mats, snorkeling equipment, …
- Check-Out Cleaning
- Fuel for the boat’s engine*
Calculated after the trip based on engine hours.
*Fuel costs and harbour fees will be divided in between all pirates (captain and first mate pay one part).
- Fresh vegetables and fruits from farmer’s market (around 20€ pp) and alcohol consumption onboard
Extra expenses depend on weather conditions, prices of the harbours and your personal habits, estimated between 80 – 150€ per person.
Our Sailboat Grazieba
- Ketch Endurance 44 feet (14 meter)
- 2 masts, 5 sails
- Green energy from solar panels and wind generator
- Watermaker and water purification tank
- 4 cabins, and long teak deck to relax outside
How to get there
How to get to Ios
Departure on 9 August 2022 in Ios
- Airports near Ios are Athens, Santorini, Mykonos
- From the airport of Athens/Santorini/Mykonos, take a ferry to Ios. Check Ferryscanner for tickets and timetables. Also, we find this article helpful.
How to leave from Athens
Arrival on 16 August 2022 in Athens
- Athens has a well-served international airport.
Meet the Crew
We are your captain, Tommaso, and first mate, Laura, the founders of Pirates for Planet and the crew that will guide this expedition!