Sailing from Amorgos to Kos:
Sustainable Sailing Expedition at Dodecanese Islands
Check-in at Amorgos on Monday 18 July 2022 at 17:00
Check-out at Kos on Monday 25 July 2022 at 09:00
8 days, 7 nights
Amorgos (Cyclades) Greece – Kos (Dodecanese) Greece
No sailing experience needed: beginner-friendly expedition
4 Pirates registered – Still 1 spot available
The expedition is confirmed! No cancellation risk.
Sustainable Sailing Expedition at Dodecanese Islands:
from Amorgos to Kos
Jump onboard our Sustainable Sailing Expedition at the Dodecanese Islands of Greece, located between the Cyclades and Turkey! We will start in Amorgos, the most eastern island of the Cyclades. Amorgos is known for its dramatic mountain scenery and the famous shipwreck Olympia on one of its beaches. From there, we will sail to the east, towards the Dodecanese Islands. We will be sailing around the islands north of Kos: Kalimnos, Leros, Lipsi, Kampos, and Patmos, and their surrounding smaller islands.
Kalimnos is famous for centuries-old shipwrecks on the seabed, while Leros is the most fertile and green of the Dodecanese, as it was said to be the favorite island of Greek Goddess of wilderness and nature, Artemis. The island of Lipsi is a quiet escape. At Makronisi Island south of Lipsi, there are even underwater caves and a fully enclosed sealake to explore…
After enjoying all these natural wonders, we will head back to civilization and spend our last night at the port of Kos.
Our exact sailing route (apart from departure and arrival destination) depends entirely on wind directions and weather conditions and will be decided on board during the expedition. And of course, we are happy to take into consideration our pirates’ suggestions. Let’s follow the wind!
Let’s go sailing, no experience is needed! You will learn all the basics of sailing and everyone can participate in the manoeuvers. Expect short passages of a few hours and sometimes longer tracts.
Once arrived at a good spot, we drop our anchor and stay on board the boat or go on land with our little boat, the dinghy. We spend most time at sea but sometimes we’ll visit places on land or go to the harbour.
The ultimate goal of joining our expeditions is to turn yourself into a fully trained PIRATE for PLANET! Every day, we’ll dedicate some time to group activities that are in line with our values and mission to promote change for a better planet.
All contributions go fully to the organization of our expeditions
and working of our association.
€550 per person
- Licensed captain and first mate
- P4P annual membership and insurance
- All meals onboard (all dry stock included, fresh fruit and vegetables are extra)
- Unlimited purified drinking water
- Accomodation & bedsheets
- Use of biodegradable hygiene products (shampoo, soap, toothpaste)
- Sailing classes and activities onboard
- Use of yoga mats, snorkeling equipment, …
- Check-Out Cleaning
- Fuel for the boat’s engine*
Calculated after the trip based on engine hours.
*Fuel costs and harbour fees will be divided in between all pirates (captain and first mate pay one part).
- Fresh vegetables and fruits from farmer’s market (around 20€ pp) and alcohol consumption onboard
Extra expenses depend on weather conditions, prices of the harbours and your personal habits, estimated between 80 – 150€ per person.
Our Sailboat Grazieba
- Ketch Endurance 44 feet (14 meter)
- 2 masts, 5 sails
- Green energy from solar panels and wind generator
- Watermaker and water purification tank
- 4 cabins, and long teak deck to relax outside
How to get there
How to get to Amorgos
Departure on 18 July 2022 in Amorgos
- Airports near Amorgos are Mykonos, Athens, Santorini
- From the airport, take a ferry to Amorgos port Katápola. Check Ferryscanner for tickets and timetables. Read this article for more info on how to arrive in Amorgos.
How to leave from Kos
Arrival on 25 July 2022 in Kos
- Airports near Kos are Kos, Rhodes
- There is a good ferry connection between Kos and Rhodes. Check Ferryscanner or search on Google (ferry from … to …).
Meet the Crew
We are your captain, Tommaso, and first mate, Laura, the founders of Pirates for Planet and the crew that will guide this expedition!